Dragons Den Quest
|Dragons Den Quest|
|7 Johto Badges|
The Dragon's Den Quest is the compulsory quest for attaining access to the Dragons Den. It is comprised of multiple tasks players must complete, while venturing to various areas within the Johto region.
- 7 Johto badges, to have access to all of the necessary starting points of the tasks.
- A Wind Surfboard.
- 1 Horsea Scale.
- 1 Dratini Skin.
- 2 caught data entries of Pokémon in your Pokédex; or 1 caught data entry and 3 seen data entries of Dragon-type Pokémon; or 6 seen data entries of Dragon-type Pokémon.
Note: These are not prerequisites of the quest, and can be obtained during the quest.
- 5 total player-versus-player wins on your PvP record.
- PvP requirement reduced to 5 until the next Spawn Test update- from 1st June 2016.
Note: Item requirements that have been italicized must be obtained during the quest, after the objective for obtaining the respective item is assigned; they may not be usable otherwise.
You will have to complete four major tasks throughout the course of the quest, all of which can be completed in any particular order. Currently, at least 7 Johto badges are required to access all of the starting points, in addition to the Wind Surfboard to traverse to the starting point of the Whirl Islands task.
Whirl Islands Task
In the land surrounding the northwesternmost island in the archipelago of Whirl Islands, on Route 41, speak to Scientist Arabella. She will require assistance in conducting a research experiment for Horsea's evolution line, and will request that you retrieve a Horsea Scale. The Horsea Scale may be looted as an occasional drop from Horsea that spawn strictly in the caves of the Whirl Islands.
After obtaining the Horsea Scale, return to Scientist Arabella, who will then offer to vouch for you to enter the Dragon's Den, out of gratitude.
Route 45 Task
Head south of Blackthorn City en route to Route 45, and walk down through the eastern side of the route to reach a small pond; do not walk through the western side, as it does not recombine with the eastern side until you have already walked past the pond, at which point you will only be able to reach the northern segment of the route again through the southern terminal in Blackthorn City.
Speak to the Historian NPC near the small pond, who will assign you the objective of obtaining a Dratini Skin. The Dratini Skin can be dropped from any fishing or surfing spawn on the route. The item has a 1/1000 (0.1%) probability of being dropped from any surfing or fishing spawn on Route 45.
After you have looted a Dratini Skin, speak to the Historian again to conclude the objective.
Dragon's Club Tasks
Head to Goldenrod City, then enter the underground tunnel within the city. You will need a password to enter the Dragon Club (Password: dragon). After you have entered the club, speak to the club master upstairs. He will require you to complete all the tasks in order to obtain the club's membership pass. Head downstairs and interact with the left scroll on the wall. You will encounter two more objectives. The first objective entails requirements of data entries for Pokémon in your Pokédex, which includes the following three options:
- 2 caught data entries of Dragon-type Pokémon. The caught data entry of a Pokémon may be recorded by capturing a Dragon-type Pokémon in the wild, or by evolving a pre-evolution of a Dragon-type Pokémon (for example, Seadra's evolution into Kingdra). Obtaining Dragon-type Pokémon by any means of commerce (by trading with another player or by purchasing one on the token store), does not seem to successfully record the caught data entry of the Pokémon.
- 1 caught data and 3 seen data entries of Dragon-type Pokémon in your Pokédex. Seen data profiles can be recorded in your Pokédex simply by encountering a Pokémon in battle; encountering the Pokémon in an NPC, wild Pokémon, or player-versus-player battle should record the Pokémon's seen data entry.
- 6 seen data entries of Dragon-type Pokémon in your Pokédex. A prevalent assortment of 6 Dragon-type Pokémon to encounter in battle are: Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Kingdra, Bagon, Shelgon, and Salamence.
After you have advanced past this objective, your final task will be to attain 5 total wins on your PvP record.
After the completion of all four tasks, speak to the club master located in the Dragon Club upstairs. You will be granted access to the Dragon's Den, in addition to Dragon Club membership status. Congratulations!
On December 8th, 2012, the quest has been majorly altered from the previous edition to the current one. The revamp of the quest coincided with the removal of the Science Lab, therefore any players who were previously in progress of the old edition of the quest will not be able to resume it if they require access to the Science Lab. Players who have completed the Dratini Skin objective, in the old version of the quest, will be able to resume their progress for the remainder of the quests's steps; however, those who are already in progress of the old quest will only acquire access to the Dragon's Den after completing the old edition of the quest, not the new edition.