PWO on netbook
Play PWO on Netbook
Q: PWO Doesn't Fit on my screen because it is too small, what do I do!? PLEASE HELP!!!
A: Here's How!
Most of the older 10 inch netbooks had the market ship at Stock with a standard resolution of 1024 x 600 px and 800 x 600 px. Most of the netbooks on the market right now have an HD 10 inch display, with the higher 1366 x 768 px resolution.
You will be able to play PWO well!
First, I’ll have to tell you that you are going to get 1024 x 768 and 1152 x 864 px resolution available for the 10 inch display . These are not HD resolutions as you might have noticed and will translate in text skews and compressed displayed content. In most cases, the result won’t be that great, but hey, if you want the increased resolution, you should give these tweaks a try. And one more thing. This only works on Windows 7 equipped netbooks.
Here’s what you have to do:
1) Run regedit (Start > Search "run" > Click it > in Run Type "regedit"
1a) If you are not on highest tree level, go to it now by click on “Computer” from key tree
2) goto EDIT > Find “Display1_DownScalingSupported” (The search takes a while, Be Patient.)
3) right-click “Display1_DownScalingSupported” and select modify... then change value data from “0″ to “1″
3) Press Close and Restart the computer(A MUST)
4) Enjoy the two extra resolutions: 1024×768 px and 1152×864 px and PWO!
To improve text quality goto Start>Control Panel>Font>Adjust ClearType Text(look in side panel)
Now, when selecting a resolution in Windows you’ll get the extra methods above. However, be aware that these tweaks might not work on all netbooks (it was tested by users on the 1000H, 1005He or the 1005HA Asus devices) and might cause software instability when changing between options.
Also, if the method described above is too tough, you can also install the graphic driver that comes with this tweak already attached from here:.