View a log of Wiki changes here
Need to check something, see here.
The Website has an issue in other resolutions. My Resolution is high and used to run the old PWO website well. Can you resolve this issue? Voltahit 21:41, July 28 2011 (GMT)
Why don't we allow users/guilds to create pages specific to them on the wiki? The User:Name pages for the users and Guild:Name for the Guilds, e.g. User:Raichu and Guild:Team Awesome. Raichu 02:41, 14 November 2010 (GMT)
- I disagree with that idea. This is a wiki, not a propoganda site for guilds. Guild advertising should only be done on the forums/in-game (and if you wish, you're own user talk page, though I'm against any more than simply stating what guild you are on). However, users can make their own pages on their talk pages. A wiki article (outside their talk pages) on one specific user (especially yourself) seems quite arrogant and would hardly be worth a true article on the wiki. There are only a few cases that I can think of where a page for a specific person would be a feasible idea (e.g. Kyro). Tenfold 03:01, 14 November 2010 (GMT)
- If a user feels the need to push their guild, I would only advise it to be through their own user/talk page Ciaossu ~ Reborn 11:13, 14 November 2010 (GMT)
Although I agree that guilds should not be able to create their own pages. I do however feel that it would be wrong to dismiss the fact that there are guilds. In the guild page (when created if not already) I think we should put a list of guilds, linking them to their guild page on the PWO forums. --MistAssassin 19:36, 25 April 2011 (BST)
- That might be something to accomplish about when the game gets more active again and the guilds reform and become stable with members. I would hold off on that project for now since PWO is still in a chaotic state. Tenfold 23:27, 26 April 2011 (BST)
- Also when we have a few more users Ciaossu ~ Reborn 23:45, 26 April 2011 (BST)
List here pages that need to be locked. Ciaossu ~ Reborn 11:23, 14 November 2010 (GMT)
- Here's my list: Template:Player Category:Guide Category:GML Category:GM Category:DEV Template:Staff Template:Reactivate Template:Reactivate-Deny Template:Block Template:Block/temporarily Template:Block/permanently Template:Welcome Template:NeedPictures Template:Wikipedia Raichu 14:43, 14 November 2010 (GMT)
Notes to self
- Redo this page (http://www.iblamelee.co.uk/wi/mw/index.php?title=Catchable_Pok%C3%A9mon)
- Finish tutorial (http://www.iblamelee.co.uk/wi/mw/index.php?title=Client_skins)
- Finish this page (http://www.iblamelee.co.uk/wi/mw/index.php?title=Playerdex)
- Get this up to date if it isn't already (http://www.iblamelee.co.uk/wi/mw/index.php?title=Update_log)
- Get all content off grou.ps wiki onto here and looking good (and hopefully upto date) by 21st December
For location pages, i've decided that the maps will be 400px width, inside a table. The table itself should be around 400px.
For the time being I've disabled uploads on the iBlameLee domain. This is due to the fact that we're using another domain (themv) as a backup domain for if this one will go down. However image uploads work based on the domain they are on. Temporary all images are set to link to themv copy and I hope within the next week or so, i'll have something fixed up for then.
Did you know that for some other Wikis, such as MediaWiki's own, MediaWiki has shortcodes for making links to them? For example, [[mw:MediaWiki]] is the same as [http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki]. You can do it with Wikipedia too - [[wikipedia:Main Page]] is the same as [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page].
This tip can save a lot of time in editing new pages when you need to link to another Wiki for any reason, and the link won't have the "this goes to an outside site" icon. If you find this useful, you may like to pass this info on somewhere.
Not all sites have a shortcode, though. There's a list somewhere of them all but I forgot where it was - it's probably on the official site somewhere. You can, however, modify the list using an extension called InterWiki, but you do have to be careful with it. --Jinji, The Human Gengar (Visit my lair) 15:12, 24 May 2011 (BST)
- That could prove useful this feature for actually being able to just do [[pd:Staff]] as an example. I'll look into it.